The Adventure Begins
Starting A New Game
Selecting to begin a new game will launch the ‘sandbox’ mode of Fallen Enchantress.
This is the standard way of playing, however, before that it is advised to first play the Tutorial.
When beginning to start a sandbox game there are a few steps needed to be take in order to set up the world.
The first step is to choose a Sovereign. The Sovereign is the hero that will lead the people to victory. They are very powerful units in their own right, with abilities that will affect the entire faction.
Each Sovereign is also tied to a specific faction, making the decision even more important.
Sovereigns may also be created.
See also: Sovereigns and Factions
|1 Sovereign Name||2 Faction Name||3 Create New Faction||4 Gender|
|5 Available Customization Points||6 Attributes||7 Talents||8 Appearance|
|9 Sovereign Backstory||10 Magic Proficiencies||11 Profession||12 Current Traits|
|13 Current Equipped Items||14 Sovereign Display Window||15 Sovereign Stats|
There are many options that can be chosen when creating your a Sovereign. While some are purely cosmetic, others can completely alter the way the game is played. Choices that affect gameplay each have a point cost associated with them, the number of available points determines how many can be chosen.
- Faction - The faction of a Sovereign is one of their most defining factors. Every faction has its own strengths and weaknesses to consider, custom factions can also be created by clicking the ‘New’ button.
- Attributes - Attributes are some of the most powerful bonuses a Sovereign can select. They are split into magical proficiencies and profession.
- Magical Proficiencies - The magical proficiencies a Sovereign starts with are extremely important. While a Sovereign can increase the power of their spell traits as they level up, they cannot select entirely new proficiencies. Thus, whichever elemental disciplines are chosen to specialize in during character creation are the ones that will be locked to the Sovereign. Champions that are hired will still be able to venture into different proficiencies, provided they come with the required traits.
- Profession - Professions contain the most powerful specialization traits available for custom Sovereigns. As a result, while professions do not require points to choose they are unique in that a Sovereign can only have one of them. Every Sovereign must have a profession.
- Talents - Talents are optional traits, which require points, that a Sovereign can choose to start the game with. They are unique traits that will not be available for selection while leveling up. Note that some talents, known as weaknesses, are actually harmful. Selecting a weakness for a Sovereign will provide an additional point for customization somewhere else, however, only one weakness may be selected.
- Appearance - The appearance tab allows altering the look of the custom Sovereign as well as their starting equipment. There is a small selection of equipment that can be chosen to start the Sovereign off with. While most equipment does not require customization points, the more powerful items do.
- Backstory - The backstory tab allows creating a history for the Sovereign.